Chatfield, C., 1989: The Analysis of Time Series. Chapman & Hall, London.
Farge, M., 1992: Wavelet transforms and their applications to turbulence. Ann. Rev. Fluid Mech., 24, 395-457.
Gilman, D.L., F.J. Fuglister, and J.M. Mitchell, Jr., 1963: On the power spectrum of "red noise". J. Atmos. Sci., 20, 182-184.
Jenkins, G.M. and D.G. Watts, 1968: Spectral Analysis and its Applications. Holden-Day, San Francisco.
Lau, K.-M. and H.-Y. Weng, 1995: Climate signal detection using wavelet transform: How to make a time series sing. Bull. Am. Meteor. Soc, 76, 2391-2402.
Meyers, S.D., B.G. Kelly, and J.J. O'Brien, 1993: An introduction to wavelet analysis in oceanography and meteorology: With application to the dispersion of Yanai waves. Mon. Wea. Rev., 121, 2858-2866.
Spiegel, M.R., 1975: Schaum's Outline of Theory and Problems of Probability and Statistics. McGraw-Hill, New York.
Torrence, C. and G.P. Compo, 1998: A Practical Guide to Wavelet Analysis. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 79, 61-78.
Weng, H. and K.-M. Lau, 1994: Wavelets, period doubling, and time-frequency localization with application to organization of convection over the tropical western Pacific. J. Atmos. Sci., 51, 2523-2541.
Outside Web Sites:
- Amara's Wavelet Page
- Wavelet overview, with numerous links to wavelet web sites, software, bibliographies, and digests.
- Brani's Wavelets
- A collection of papers, links, and conferences on wavelets.
- Jacques Lewelle's Wavelet Tutorial
- ``Our purpose is to make the wavelet techniques approachable without unnecessary mathematical sophistication.''
- NCAR Command Language (NCL) wavelet analysis examples
- Page of examples for the NCL implementation of the Torrence and Compo (1998) algorithm.
- Cross Wavelet and Wavelet Coherence
- ``On these web pages [Grinsted, Moore, and Jevrejeva] provide downloads for a MatLab package for performing Crosswavelet and Wavelet coherence analysis.''
- Wavelet Resources
- List of wavelet resources and web sites.
[back to Wavelet Home Page]